Be among us!

The Voice of Mindanao is an organization of youth and young professionals from and for Mindanao who are moving together to promote peace and healing, especially in conflict-affected zones, through youth empowerment and responsible citizenship for a better southern Philippines.

Today, we do our share as young peace-builders. Tomorrow, we will lead.

Our Mission

Our Mission

The mission of VoM is to bring together the voices of the people, especially the young, in Mindanao in moving towards peace and development through communication and cross-cultural understanding.

Our Vision

Our Vision:

Mindanao is a progressive, conflict-and-violence-free land where people communicate in, and for, peace and development.

Friday, August 20, 2010

'Dear P-Noy...' --A Letter from Mykee Somera, 2nd Place Winner

Dear P-Noy, Greetings of Peace! I am Mikaela Joyce Somera, a 17-year old youth of Zamboanga City. As a youth of Mindanao, I have seen with my own naked eye the true condition of Southern Philippines. I dream that one day this condition will eventually change. I have many dreams for Mindanao and I hope that one day, all of my dreams would come to a reality. Mindanao is my home. I hope that one day my home would become a better place. Peace and order has always been one of the major concerns in Mindanao. Series of killings, kidnappings and bombings continue to injure every Mindanaoan’s heart. I am fervently praying and hoping that your plan to initiate peace talks between the rebel groups and the government would eventually calm the situation in Mindanao. I know everything will not happen in a blink of an eye, but in my heart, I strongly believe that it will happen in the right time. I dream that one day, I would be walking confidently to school without having to worry if a bomb might blow off somewhere near me. I dream that one day, no Mindanaoan youth would be going to school with the fear that they might be kidnapped. I dream that one day, no media practitioner will die for voicing out the truth. I hope that one day, every politician would find in their hearts the true essence of public service. Lastly, I dream of a united Mindanao. I dream of a Mindanao that is one in its vision to prosper--for this thing cannot be done by one person only. It cannot be done by a few. And this dream will come true only if every Mindanaoan will work together in unity for the progress of Mindanao. Sincerely, Mykee Sender: Mikaela Joyce Somera Ateneo De Zamboanga University

No comments:

Post a Comment