Be among us!

The Voice of Mindanao is an organization of youth and young professionals from and for Mindanao who are moving together to promote peace and healing, especially in conflict-affected zones, through youth empowerment and responsible citizenship for a better southern Philippines.

Today, we do our share as young peace-builders. Tomorrow, we will lead.

Our Mission

Our Mission

The mission of VoM is to bring together the voices of the people, especially the young, in Mindanao in moving towards peace and development through communication and cross-cultural understanding.

Our Vision

Our Vision:

Mindanao is a progressive, conflict-and-violence-free land where people communicate in, and for, peace and development.

Friday, August 20, 2010

'Dear P-Noy...'---A Letter from Carmela Cruz, 3rd Place Winner

Dear P-Noy, Greetings! It’s such a great honor for me to share my dream for Mindanao. President Noy, I really want to have peace in Mindanao. I have already heard the peace advocates speak about the situation in Mindanao. For me, it’s one of the priorities that you should pay attention to. The people of Mindanao are hiding under the cloak of invisibility; they’re afraid to face the sun because if they would, it will blind their dreams and hopes. Peace is no longer peace because every time I hear about peace, I see guns, bombs, war, chaos and destruction just to attain the victory for peace. The people are suffering from poverty, how much more if the place where they live is in a conflict-affected area? I feel very sad to think that some Filipinos are fighting and killing each other just to bring peace to our land. Many journalists died in the “Maguindanao Massacre”. They’re supposed to write the real problems in Mindanao; but writing the truth became their Achilles heel because they were killed. Your father was a very noble person. I wrote an article in our local newspaper on his 24th death anniversary and I said; “Ninoy did not use any weapon to fight for democracy; he just used his words, his heart and faith in God to fight for our freedom.” I believe in you, that like your father, you’ll also be our hero. I’m not a seer but I do believe that peace and development is possible with you as our leader and if we all help one another. It is a laborious dream but, if we, the young people of Mindanao will begin the change in ourselves then, we can fulfill our dreams and hope again Peace in Mindanao is possible. Sincerely yours, Carmz Sender: Ma. Teresa Carmela A. Cruz Western Mindanao State University

No comments:

Post a Comment